POP THE TRUNK

11:38 AM / Posted by Nicole C /

*Attention* IMG who is the main sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week has pulled the plug for LA Fashion Week. It will no longer hold the 5 day event at Smashbox Studios. But Fashion Week in NYC will still be on in February. So unless I have the funds and the time to fly over there to volunteer in the east coast, it looks like there won't be any pictures of exciting news to report if there was an LA Fashion Week =[

But in better news, the Diane von Furstenberg store on Melrose will be having a trunk show for a preview of her spring collection. I remember one of the sales associate said it would be next Wednesday, January the 21st. I'm not sure what time because she said I would be receiving a call so I will update you guys as soon as I can. I have been waiting for her spring collection for MONTHS NOW and it would be great to preview it before it hits actual retail on FEBRUARY 15TH. BUT since I am low on funds and get too excited about the clothes I might just BUY a piece right there and then. So I may consider just waiting until march (my birthday) to buy something. But I would want to go to the trunk show and take pictures if possible to post them and give you guys a preview in person. But it is not until Wednesday so here are some of my favorite looks from her spring collection. Since I've talked a mouthful in this entry I will post bunch of pictures to make up for my blabbing mouth or in this case words. Enjoy!























The Belgian beauty herself...DVF and behind her is the creactive director of the label NATHAN JENDEN

Ahhh....in Rachel Zoe's words "I'D DIE!" and TRUST I've definitely been a fan of DVF way before THE CITY. Hopefully Whitney is actually working A REAL JOB there! Which I know girls would KILL for a position at DVF including me!!!!
Her show will be on Feb. 15 2009 at Bryant Park NYC at the Main Tent
Some of my other favorite designers will be showcasing their fall collection including Philip Lim, J. Mendel, and Zac Posen! I am definitely disappointed I can't make it!
For more DVF Spring Looks check out her site at www.dvf.com or nymag.com
All my pictures are courtesy of NYMAG.com


Like This Post?Add To Google BookmarksAdd To Yahoo MyWebAdd To Windows LiveAdd To SlashdotFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To BloglinesAdd To AskAdd To FurlAdd To RedditAdd To Newsvine

1 comments:

Comment by Amanda Allison on January 18, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I would LOVE to go to DVF's trunk show. I hope you get to make it!

Post a Comment