Fashion Going Green

10:29 PM / Posted by Nicole C /




So a lot of you guys probably know about the issue of Global Warming and the things we can do to reduce our carbon footprint. Well the fashion world is also doing that with designers designing clothes using 'organic' and recycled materials and going eco-friendly. I know I consider myself a fashionista and fashion is all about trend-setting BUT I have not hoped on 'buying eco-friendly or organic clothing bandwaggon' because the ones that I have seen on were just too expensive and too plain looking to invest my money in...well the ones I've seen on barneys.com BUT after viewing designer PHILLIP LIM'S SPRING 09 line. He has convinced me that going green can be very high fashion. The two pics you see above (I'm still figuring out how to arrange them the way I really want) are from his 3.1 PHILLIP LIM line and they are eco-friendly designed as I have learned with recycled zippers. VERY UNIQUE. I would totally rock that pink and black ensemble on the left! and I dont even like pink! LEAVE SOME COMMENTS!



p.s. I will update the pics from FASHION WEEK asap! I still need to send it through bluetooth from my blackberry which needs the bluetooth program installation which I don't have because I just fixed my laptop! Bear with me! I will get it on as soon as I can! *scouts honor* =)



The pictures above courtesy of NYMAG.COM
3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 09 Collection
Bryant Park, NY
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week























Like This Post?Add To Google BookmarksAdd To Yahoo MyWebAdd To Windows LiveAdd To SlashdotFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To BloglinesAdd To AskAdd To FurlAdd To RedditAdd To Newsvine

0 comments:

Post a Comment